Faith, rediscovered.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I am drifting away,
running,
I am falling into this deep, dark abyss.

Won't you hold on to what's left of me?
The fading echo of me that still lingers in this hollow nothingness?
I am becoming but an empty shell,
I have lost faith.
I am now a girl with strained beliefs.
With unanswered questions.
I am now an organised mess.

You are becoming fainter still,
And I, more disillusioned than before.
Mute you stand there flanked by them,
Alone I stand here not knowing where to go.

I am but a lost soul at sea,
tossed by the waves of science and discovery.
They pull me further away from you, my shore,
and pushes me towards that land unknown.

I have always found the need of you,
the need for that eternal ray of hope.
I have always found me wanting you,
that reassuring Faith,
the need to feel life in my core.

A half-devilish laugh escapes you,
You stare at me knowingly.
And smile.
I realise.

You have been inside me all along,
too clever to respond.
I cried and wailed for what I thought I had lost.
You silently hugged me and kept me warm.

Reunited, I stand now with you by my side.
The shadows of oblivion have shown me the light.
The birds sing again and the buds now flower,
and I have sense of you again,
oh! Faith, rediscovered.

0 shut-the-hell-ups: